Gone are the days of CDs and video-cassette players; with everything around us embracing digital technologies, it is but natural that you have to look for DVD rippers to keep up with the latest technologies. Physical media formats are now passé; DIV ripping software is now allowing people to digitize content derived from DVDs so that these can now be stored securely just like earlier when they were stored in external hard drives.
Top 5 DVD Rippers That You Can Choose For Your Mac At Home:
- Handbrake: This DVD ripper is not for people who are looking for a comprehensive but free tool. Learning how to use it is a tad complicated but you can access many more features in return. This tool lets you rip all unprotected DVDs into a video transcoder. If you are an advanced user, you can sharpen and add subtitles, manipulate frame rates, mix audio tracks, and include chapter markers to the video file. It has built-in presets that streamline the ripping process and you can even customize videos before they are ripped. It supports several output and input formats.
- MakeMKV is a free Blu-ray DVD ripper that is undergoing beta-tasting. It is found to be extremely user-friendly especially for newcomers. You can rip though many disks quickly and it has settings that are easy to understand and work with. It can accommodate video formats up to h264 and the files here use MKV extension and are compatible with anything that plays MP4 files. Using this tool you can read both Blu-ray and DVDs and preserve audio and video tracks.
- MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition is meant for Mac operating systems; compared to its paid version, this free version is capable of ripping DVD movies to MOV, MP3, AAC, MP4, AC3, iTunes, and Apple TV. It however cannot rip or back up the recent copy-protected DVDs free of cost. If you are alright with moderate speeds and limited output formats, this tool can be a great option because it can satisfy all your basic DVD ripping requirements.
- DVDFab Ripper is perfect for those looking for tools to watch your favorite Disney movies easily and without having to pay for these. It is designed for Mac users and has an impressive profile library. It can rip and convert all DVD/ISO folders to mainstream audio and video formats. Even metadata information that is attached to TV shows, for instance, is applied to the videos during conversion. Using the Enlarger AI, videos may be up scaled by nearly 300%.
- Fmpeg works on operating system like the Mac OS and is a free open-source DVD ripper. While it ran under Linux at the start, it is now compiled under majority of operating system, including Windows, Mac OS X, and Amiga OS. This tool has been a developer-driven and experimental project supporting popular formats apart from HD video. Users confirm that the output quality is satisfactory. However, ordinary users cannot access this ripping software because of its complex custom options and command lines.